High-performance MERCURY Flemish Twist String
Blacktail's Flemish Twist strings are offered in high-performance MERCURY string material by BCY.
If you liked 'Fury', you'll love 'Mercury - Lighter, faster and more stable - the 'best of the best'!
MERCURY is BCY's 'Top Shelf', high-performance string material. It is not a blended product, so there is no Vectran — it is 100% Ultra High Weight Molecular Polyethelene (UHWMPE). This material enables super high strength and stability in a micro diameter strand. Translated into an archery string, the benefits are notable. MERCURY is built from Dyneema SK-99 which delivers the highest tenacity available in a light weight polymer fiber resulting in a 7% increase over SK-90 (Fury). This translates into a significantly stronger, thinner and lighter weight string (for faster performance).
Additionally, the 'modulus' of SK-99 MERCURY is 10% higher than SK-90 (Fury), which translates into lower stretch and better performance.
Additionally, we use POWERGRIP (.009) under-serving and HALO (.024) top serving material which offers outstanding durability and a super slick surface for better releases. Our micro-diameter string is 'double-served' to ensure optimal nock fit while also improving finger comfort.
- STABILITY: The MERCURY material is extremely stable and "settles in" very quickly. Once on the bow, it is essentially stretch proof. As a result, brace height and nock position is also stabilized. MERCURY has been tested in practically every EXTREME weather situation possible (dry, hot, humid, freezing), demonstrating consistent stability — a critical factor for precision shooting.
- SPEED: MERCURY has been reported by customers to be a contender for one of the fastest materials out there.
- SILENT: In addition to stability and speed, the micro-diameter MERCURY material presents a comparably soft/quiet shot.
Note: Blacktail's high-strength MERCURY string is built with a 15-strand body and 27-strand padded-loop configuration:
- Suitable for ALL DRAW WEIGHTS (across the range of Blacktail bow offerings)
- Standard Color: Tri-weave (Mountainberry, Black, Light Brown)
- The BCY Mercury is made of the same material (SK-99 Dyneema) as the now discontinued RAMPAGE.