Inventory Bows - 'Classic' Series LONGBOWS (see dropdown menu for 'In Stock' Left/Right-hand, Wood/Colors and Sizes)
We are pleased to offer our brand new line of 'Classic' Series recurve and longbows. Our entry level 'Production Line' of bows — (non-customizable, inventory stock only).
The 'Classic' is our tribute to the simpler 'straight stripe' aesthetic — reminiscent of our early bow design from the 1990s. Our MADE IN USA 'production line' of bows reflects the same basic riser and limb shape as our more complex 16" Sitka Series take-down recurve and our 14" Columbian take-down longbow, (without the added complexity and expense associated with our signature 'Footed' riser design).
The simplicity of the 'Classic' design, combined with an 'Inventory-only' standardized wood platform and limited size offerings — allows us to offer an amazing bow at a more affordable price point — without compromising field performance.
Available Longbow Sizes:
- 62” Bow Length (Best suited for draw lengths or 26”-30”)
- 64” Bow Length (Best suited for draw lengths of 28"-31”)
Available Wood/Color Configurations:
- Bocote/Forest Green Diamondwood;
- Bocote/Cocobolo Diamondwood;
- Bocote/Ebony Diamondwood.
Bocote/Forest Green Diamondwood
How are Classic bows different from Blacktail's higher-end offerings?
- Riser: The Classic Riser is a simpler design, incorporating the 'straight stripe' configuration (instead of the 'footed' configuration found in our higher level Blacktail bow offerings. In lieu of the embedded fiberglass stiffener beam (found in the more complex designs of our higher level Blacktail bows), the Classic series utilizes an engineered laminated wood called 'Diamondwood' for strength and stability.
- Limbs: The Classic Limbs incorporate the same premium old growth Moso Bamboo limb cores, with a standard (non-footed) Bocote limb veneer on the back of the limbs and Black fiberglass on the belly of the limbs. High quality, mountain grown, (5.5 year old) 'moso' bamboo is the only bamboo Blacktail uses for our premium limb cores. This fine old-growth bamboo has optimum hardness and excellent cast characteristics.
- Tips: Tip details include the same inlaid stripes feature found on our more expensive bows.
- Woods/Color Options: The Classic is available in three (3) colorways including: Bocote/Forest Green Diamondwood; Bocote/Cocobolo Diamondwood; Bocote/Ebony Diamondwood.
- Representative Photos Only: Please note: the 'Classic Series' photos shown are representative only, intended to show each color way version within this 'production line' offering of bows. Although all Classic series bows will be very similar to the representative photo examples shown, due to the natural variance inherent to wood materials, actual grain patterns and color hues may vary from bow to bow.
- Production Series Limitations:
- The Classic Series is our 'production' level bow, meaning it is only available in our 'In Stock' Inventory offerings.
- The Classic series bows are NOT available as a custom orders.
- Although you may send in your 'Classic' series bow in for a refinish, extra custom limbs are NOT available on the 'Classic' production series bows.
- Affordability: At a price of $895, the Classic series is our most affordable bow. Based on a non-customizable, 'Inventory only' platform of standard wood options (limited to 3 color ways) — it is a simpler/more cost efficient design, with effectively the same performance found in our higher level bow offerings.
- Warranty: The 'Classic' Series production line bow risers are warranted for 3 years against breakage or cracks (for the original owner). The limbs are also warranted for 3 years against any material or workmanship failures. The finish is warranted for 1 year against any material or application failures whatsoever. When we build you a bow, we truly intend for it to quite possibly outlast you. If a problem arises with the bow during the warranty period and there is no sign of abuse or neglect, we will make the necessary repairs or replacement free of charge. These cases are left to the sole discretion of Blacktail Bow Company. Failures directly related to owner accident or abuses are not covered. Any modifications to the bow will void warranty. Customer is responsible for shipping bow back to Blacktail Bow Company; we will cover cost of shipping repaired bow back to customer. The Blacktail Warranty requires the use of arrows at least 8 grains per pound of draw weight. A minimum of 9-10 grains per pound of draw weight (at your draw length) is recommended for arrow selection.